BAUER NE BLUETOOTH
Bauer NE Bluetooth Features
- The first self-contained electronic RV latch with Bluetooth, Close Field Technology, and AlSentis HSS.
- Apple and Android Apps to lock/unlock deadbolt with smartphone.
- Up to 6 smartphones can be paired.
- Close Field Technology proximity function can be set on the App to allow one button unlocking function.
- App displays whether deadbolt is locked or unlocked and when it was locked.
- App monitors battery power in latch.
- An integral touchpad to the latch that controls the dead bolt.
- Touch Indicator Light that indicates each touch with a blue light, proper code entry with green light, error with red light, and amber light when battery is low.
- Comes with 4 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium Batteries.
- It is retrofittable in most RV entry doors and is easy to install.
- Programmable with a 4-digit PIN number.
- Blue backlit number buttons on the keypad signify the latch contains Bluetooth Technology.
- An Intelligent Keyless Entry System which knows the position of the deadbolt and indicates low battery strength, as well as providing audible feedback to successful locking and unlocking functions.
- The key will always be able to operate the paddle or deadbolt lock in case of the user forgetting the code or dead battery
The Bauer NE Bluetooth is a 4-touch pad button programmable deadbolt lock. The 4 buttons are labeled “1|2”, “3|4”, “5|6”, “7|8”. The button labeled “1|2” is the same button whether the number 1 or 2 is desired. Please note this handle uses Touch Technology. The buttons are activated by Touch and do not require pushing the buttons. Touch the button and lift finger from button for proper code entry.
The Bauer NE Bluetooth incorporates AlSentis HSS touch technology. The buttons will illuminate once the numbers are touched and the Touch Indicator Light will flash Blue.
Preset Factory Code
The Bauer NE Bluetooth has a factory preset code of 3715 followed by the Enter button. The button with the Bauer Products symbol is the Enter button and is required to be touched after the code is entered. A successful code entry will be indicated by two short beeps and the Touch Indicator will flash Green twice.
After a valid code has been entered, the Bauer Bluetooth NE can be locked by simultaneously touching both the 7|8 button and the Enter button.
Quick TROUBLESHOOTING PDF
Programming Entry Code
To set a new code or change a programmed code, enter a valid code. If no code has been entered the code will be the factory preset of 3715 followed by the Enter button.
Within 10 seconds after entering a valid code, touch and hold the 3|4 button and the Enter button for 2 seconds. The Bauer NE Bluetooth will provide 3 short beeps and the Touch Indicator Light will flash Blue 3 times, indicating it is ready to accept a new code.
Enter a new 4-digit code followed by the Enter button. The Bauer NE Bluetooth will provide four short beeps and the Touch Indicator Light will flash Green 4 times to indicate a new code has been entered. The new code can be entered now and will activate the dead bolt.
This new code will remain programmed in the latch even if battery power is interrupted. Changing batteries will not remove the programmed code.
Resetting to Factory Preset Code
Resetting to Factory Preset Code
If you have forgotten your code, you can reset the code to the Factory Preset Code. In order to reset the code to the Factory Preset Code, you must be able to open the door to remove the battery compartment lid of the Bauer NE Bluetooth and remove a battery for at least 20 seconds. Reinstall the battery. Within 10 seconds, touch the 1|2 and 3|4 buttons for 2 seconds. Now the Factory Preset Code is enabled and you can program a new code as described above.
Pairing With Smartphone
Open the Bauer Smart Lock App and open the + Add a Phone tab.
Enter the valid 4-digit code for the Bauer NE Bluetooth and touch and hold the “1|2” and “7|8” buttons simultaneously. (If you have not set a 4-digit code, please see the “Programming Entry Code” instructions above.) The touch light indicator will blink Green signaling a Smart Phone can be Paired.
A Bauer Lock Identification will appear on the Smart Lock App. Touch this identification and the Smart Phone will Pair to the Bauer Bluetooth NE automatically. Please note 6 Smart Phones can be paired with the Bauer NE Bluetooth.
The Screen on your Smartphone will display a Lock and Unlock Symbol. Touching the symbol will lock or unlock the Bauer NE Bluetooth and record the time the action was taken. The battery level is also displayed on the Screen.
Removing All Paired Smartphones
To remove all Paired Smartphones from the Bauer NE Bluetooth, enter the valid 4-digit code and touch and hold the “1|2” and “5|6” buttons. The touch light indicator will blink Green, signaling all smartphones are removed from the Bauer NE Bluetooth.
CLOSE FIELD TECHNOLOGY
The Close Field Technology can only be set once a smartphone is paired with the Bauer NE Bluetooth. Close Field Technology, when enabled, allows the user to unlock the deadbolt of the Bauer NE Bluetooth by touching the Enter button.
Open the Bauer Smart Lock App and open the Settings by clicking the gear icon for the lock you wish to configure.
A Screen will appear with tabs for normal operation, low power, and storage. Normal operation is required for Close Field Technology.
Close Field Technology is turned on by enabling the Proximity Mode. The Sliding Tab from Near to Far determines the distance for how far away the smartphone can be from the Bauer NE Bluetooth and allow the user to unlock the dead bolt by touching the Enter button.
meaning of lights and sounds
|Bauer NE Bluetooth Fault Logic Action||Bauer NE Bluetooth response|
|Ready to Accept New Code||3 short beeps and 3 Blue light flashes from Touch Light Indicator|
|New Code Entered||4 short beeps and 4 Green light flashes from Touch Light Indicator|
|Wrong Code Entered||1 long beep and 1 Red light flash from Touch Light Indicator|
|Deadbolt Locks||2 short beeps and 2 Green light flashes from Touch Light Indicator|
|Deadbolt Unlocks||2 short beeps and 2 Green light flashes from Touch Light Indicator|
|Deadbolt fails to Lock||1 long beep and 1 Red light flash from Touch Light Indicator|
|Deadbolt fails to Unlock||1 long beep and 1 Red light flash from Touch Light Indicator|
Button Lights Blink during “wake up” and
One Long beep after the Lock/Unlock beeps and
an Amber light flash from Touch Light Indicator
The lock will cycle up to 10 more times once the low battery indication occurs (see MEANING OF LIGHTS AND SOUNDS above). After this the final electric function in a low battery condition will be unlock and not lock until the batteries have been replaced. Please note that if the deadbolt is in the locked position and the batteries die the deadbolt will remain locked. The key will always be able to activate the deadbolt lock.
- Install fresh batteries as necessary. The Bauer NE Bluetooth is designed to function for months of normal usage with fresh, high-quality AA batteries. Battery life is highly dependent upon battery quality, usage, and environment (temperature). We highly recommend Energizer Lithium batteries – they have consistently provided the most reliable and long-lasting performance.
- Make sure there are no obstructions in the door frame to prevent deadbolt extension.
- Do not wash with power washer or high pressure cleaner. The Bauer NE Bluetooth is designed to resist water intrusion to protect its electrical components from normal water encounter such as rain.
- The Bauer NE Bluetooth uses AlSentis HSS Touch Technology. The buttons are activated by touching, not pressing.
- Remove batteries when storing or not using this lock for extended periods of time. Corroded batteries, terminals, and plugs voids warranty.
|After Installation the touchpad does not work|
|Deadbolt not engaging into doorframe||Obstruction in doorframe|
|Code not working||Remove batteries for 20 seconds then program new code|
|Inside paddle not opening latch||Inside screws are not secured to the housing|
|Buttons light but deadbolt does not activate||Replace batteries|
If the problem is not found on this list, please call 866.682.2837 for assistance.